Author Topic: Pocket Play - Pocket Empires  (Read 7565 times)

jjchen99

• View Profile
Pocket Play - Pocket Empires
« on: January 26, 2011, 06:30:39 PM »
Trying to figure out what the problem is with the application when loading it onto the YouWave platform.  For some reason when loading the app it tends to load someone else's profile.  I'd like to try out this game with a fresh start as if I was playing with a clean device.  If there's any information on how to accomplish this, this would be a great help.

Thanks.

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Pocket Play - Pocket Empires
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 09:06:33 PM »
We are not sure why it loads another profile. We think the application checks something in a real device for creating a new user profile. Although we have tried our best to make YouWave as close as possible as a real phone device, there are some differences, which may make this application behaves strangely.

If anyone knows some details, we would be very happy to learn as well.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 10:46:00 PM by YouWaveAdmin »
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

jjchen99

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 02:52:07 PM »
Any testers available to try seeing if the problem is related to the something like a phone ID or something?  I know it's not the same as Storm8, but I would hope since a fix was figured out for those apps one might be possible for this app too.  Thanks to anyone looking into this problem.

ryangonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 11:40:55 AM »
I am told that this is because Pocket Empires identifies users by the imei# and youwave has this set to all zeros by default so all people using youwave to run Pocket Empires access the same username. I am not sure if there is a way to change this. Hopefully there is because this game is the only reason I download youwave.

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 02:26:41 PM »
Thanks for the point. We will verify whether that is the case. If yes, it would not be hard to implement the uniqueness in the next release.

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 07:52:22 AM »
With the new release 1.5.0, apps that require unique IMEI number are supported. Let us know whether Pocket Empires runs OK for you.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 11:16:28 AM by YouWaveAdmin »

scottdoxey1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 11:43:00 AM »
Hi, Im having trouble installing pocket empires onto youwave. i have successfully installed an earlier version of pe but that no longer works. I have downloaded the new version pe211_1120.apk file onto my pc but i cant import it into youwave. I have followed the instructions for setting the app directory and selected where the file is. the problem then is that i cant select the actual file. Any help would be much appreciated.

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 10:29:01 AM »
It seems to be working for us. This is the screen capture.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 04:05:10 PM by YouWaveAdmin »