Author Topic: obtaining apk file for Directv remote scheduling app  (Read 4841 times)

reber1b

• View Profile
obtaining apk file for Directv remote scheduling app
« on: August 26, 2011, 12:15:29 PM »
I have found many sites that offer apk files but none for the Directv remote scheduling app. The only place I have found the app is at the Android marketplace, and I haven't figured out how to find the apk file for download. The only choice seems to be "Install", and since I don't have a smart phone, that would be rather hard to do. I've thought of getting a friend to install it on his/her smartphone and then download the apk to my PC, but it seems like there must be an easier way. Any help would be appreciated.

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: obtaining apk file for Directv remote scheduling app
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 02:03:04 PM »
To search for an apk file, knowing the filename is the key. To find out the filename, you can go to appbrain.com. Type in "DirecTV" and find this app - http://www.appbrain.com/app/directv/com.directv.dvrscheduler#. The filename is right there on the URL - com.directv.dvrscheduler. Add the keyword "dvrscheduler" to your search terms and you will find the app file in no time.

May I ask you a question? Why you would run this app on YouWave? Can directv.com provide all the information and functions that you need?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 02:46:00 PM by YouWaveAdmin »
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

reber1b

• View Profile
Re: obtaining apk file for Directv remote scheduling app
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 05:17:14 PM »
May I ask you a question? Why you would run this app on YouWave? Can directv.com provide all the information and functions that you need?
[/quote]

Once again, thanks very much for that link. I downloaded it to the \youwave\android apps\ folder on my harddrive, and it installed very easily and works like a charm.

The reason I am trying Youwave and this app is because, even though remote scheduling can be done on Directv's site, they have such an excruciatingly, painfully slow website that I can do what I want to do using the app in about 1/10th the time it takes to do it through the website.