Author Topic: how do I use emulator or transfer apk files?  (Read 8778 times)

dave204

• View Profile
how do I use emulator or transfer apk files?
« on: October 25, 2011, 05:24:04 AM »
I would like to know how to use the YouWave emulator with the Android SDK ie register it as a target emulator
device - or, failing that, how do I copy across an .APK file from a package created in the Bin folder of  an App made with the Android SDK?
I have tried simple copy/paste of an .APK file, from the Package Explorer, but nothing happens (ie nothing is pasted into the Youwave android directory).

Anyone any ideas how I can do either??
Thanks in advance!
David

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: how do I use emulator or transfer apk files?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 12:08:23 AM »
You just use Windows Explorer to copy your .apk file to the YouWave directory. Then refresh icon or restart YouWave. You should see the app there.
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

dave204

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 12:38:03 AM »
Thanks - but that's what I tried, from the "package" which opens up in Eclipse - but it failed to copy and paste.
Do you know any other method or place I can find the .apk file in order to copy/paste it?
Strangely, it doesn't show up in the Bin folder under the Android SDK directory??

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 11:30:29 PM »
The apk files should be in the bin directory under that project in your workspace. If you do not see it, it probably means that the apk file has not been exported correctly.
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

e60gue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 02:44:48 AM »
if you use a multitask when moving files, it will deteriorate success rate.. never had the same experience with mac files, maybe its a windows thing..