Author Topic: Let us know what you think  (Read 27098 times)

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Let us know what you think
« on: February 22, 2011, 09:47:51 AM »
We have been listening, improving and delivering. We want to know what you think about YouWave.

YouWave Team
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

George Spiggott

• View Profile
Re: Let us know what you think
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 05:40:56 PM »
Hi, I've been using Youwave for Android for a few weeks now, I tried a number of other Android emulators and I found this one to be the best, I have recommended it to other users of the app I use it for.

I wonder if it would be possible to reduce the size of the window area so that the emulator worked more comfortably on a 1024x600 netbook screen. I have some suggestions to help simplify the main screen.

1. The window in the bottom right that shows the version number/download link. Would it be possible to remove this window (as it seems to have no other purpose) and replace it with a pop-up window (or some other notification device) that only appears when a new version newer than your installed version is available. This would reduce the overall height of the emulator.

2. The menus on the left hand side. Could it be made optional to view these (some people may like them) and for them to be made into drop down menus in the already existing menu bar?

eg. [File] [Edit] [Apps] [Menu] [Help]

3. Could the font size be either smaller or made user definable? Even if only swappable between the current and windows system font size.

4. The installed apps window could do with resizing a little, although with an optional menu and user definable font sizes this may not ever be an issue.

Thanks, I hope these suggestions can be of use to you. I have attached a photoshopped image of what the emulator screen would look like.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 07:56:12 PM by George Spiggott »

eckley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 12:01:41 AM »
Hey guys,

Great program. I agree with George, it would be great if we could have a little more control over the window as users,
- control window size
- Hide the left hand app window. Once apps are installed I don't really need to whole App manager.

Cheers
eckley

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 10:29:16 PM »
Thanks George and eckley. We are working on an update that will include some of your suggestions. It is not perfect, but we hope that it will improve our user experience.

eaglech

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 05:12:01 PM »
Very great Emulator compare to others.

still..there are things not perfect at  the first release
its normal.

btw, i love this emulator
user friendly

PS :
i've got 2 issue post in >Android Apps   subforum related to
1.Mic linking  and 
2.Ability to enable registering Market Account so we can download from ( https://market.android.com/ )

GeorgeWave

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 09:35:04 AM »
First of all thank you for this great program, its works very well.
Now i can try out all kinds of apps before i buy my android tablet.

I have found a way to edit the SD cards on the virtual machine so that you can put stuff like MP3 etc on
them and run them in YOUWAVE ! It really plays them.

perhaps the developers know it already and don't want me to tell this ? otherwise let me know and i will tell you how.

greetings,

George :)

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 11:23:22 AM »
We welcome our users to explore different ways of using YouWave so long as the methods do not involve re-engineering of the product, which violates the term of use. There are many capabilities on YouWave to explore. We are interested in knowing how you achieve editing the SD card. If you have doubt, please email us at support at youwave.com.

YouWave

GeorgeWave

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 12:36:55 PM »
Alright,
here is how: download the program Winmount (you will need full version because otherwise it is restricted to 30 MB or so)
Youwave must not be running because otherwise the files will be in use.
go to c:\Documents and Settings\(your user name) and find the folder .Virtualbox open it and go to folder Harddisks.
inside you will see 2 files with the extention .vdi , these resemble the 2 SD cards (1 for portrait en 1 for landscape mode).
You can mount these files with Winmount (don't forget to switch off the read only tap) and they will act 2 drives on your PC.
Now you can copy MP3 's pictures etc to these drives. Unmount them again and startup YOUWAVE. When you press MUSIC on your
Android device you will see you mp3's and you can play them. TADAAAA.

greetings,

George

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 04:04:29 PM »
Thanks. This is brilliant.

YouWave

opm

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 05:26:08 AM »
Dear Admin/s,

First, I would like to thank you for making this program available for us.  I have a question/request for your team, can you make the program fully rooted?  It seemed that everything in the root--system folder are r/o.....  And what about using the sdk cmd lines?

Thank you,

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 05:35:33 AM by opm »

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 11:32:53 AM »
Hi opm,

In Android, the system folder is read-only by design, even on rooted phones. May we know what purpose is served to change them to writable?

Currently there is a Devtool app which has a terminal server that you can use for command line. Open Devtools->Terminal server and then you will have it.

A better command line for devs/debugging is under work and will be available in the future.

YouWave Admin

opm

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 10:38:43 PM »
Admin,

Thank you for your reply.  Since Market is not allowed to be installed, using rootexplorer may be a back-way in....also Adobe Flash is not allowed?  I tried 10.1/2/3 all no-go....please advise for a solution.

Thank you,

**So far, every phone I have rooted (all the cdma android phones except the Echo and Thunderbolt) and everyone of them allowed me to r/w in the system folder..

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 10:54:12 PM »
We would have to change the way how system folder is mounted to make it read and write. But I am afraid this would be low priority.

Sorry, Adobe Flash is not available at the moment. Some planning is underway.

opm

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 11:04:21 PM »
Do you know of any other flash player/s that can subsitute Adobe....?

And for any of you that are not computer savy, install dropbox.apk.  Upload your media files to it via comp. then download using the dropbox app on youwave.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 11:23:46 PM by opm »

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 10:15:30 AM »
No flash player on Android other than Adobe yet.

Good point on dropbox. We do not know you are doing this.

BTW, in our upcoming release, we will provide the function to hide the left panel because some users feel that is annoying.