Author Topic: Weird glitch, username and password requested.  (Read 4312 times)

Kythe

• View Profile
Weird glitch, username and password requested.
« on: February 22, 2011, 06:23:39 PM »
I was playing a game on youwave and all of a sudden this box popped up that said "A username and password are being requested by the site www.youwave.com" Under that it said "Server message: Secure Area" There were two fields to type in a username and password and two buttons saying "cancel" and "ok"

It would not let me exit out of this box, it would not let me click on either of the buttons, and it wouldn't let me type anything into the fields(not that I would have anything to type in them anyway). The only way I can get this box to go away is to exit the program. Eventually it comes back though after rebooting the program. It seems to be triggered by the browser window bringing up the release notes page.

This is extremely annoying to have to keep rebooting the program, especially since it messes up my progress on Alchemy. Every time youwave reboots the workspace on Alchemy resets(I don't lose elements or anything but all the elements are wiped from the workspace leaving only the original four, so I lose the order that I had carefully arranged all of my elements in). No idea if this is an issue with youwave or if Alchemy normally does that. I wouldn't know since I've never actually owned an Android phone.

Anyway, any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated, especially since as far as I know, there's no way to stop the browser window from cycling through the different menu pages, so this problem will most likely keep occurring.

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Weird glitch, username and password requested.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 11:48:50 AM »
It was a glitch on our web server that caused the problem. We fixed last night as soon as we noticed it. Please let us know whether you still have problems.

BTW, this behavior of Alchemy is same as that on the real phone. When you close the Alchemy app and restart it, your working desk is reset to having only the four elements.

YouWave Support
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 01:31:15 PM by YouWaveAdmin »
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

Kythe

• View Profile
Re: Weird glitch, username and password requested.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 12:18:04 PM »
Thanks for the prompt response. It's good to know that it's probably fixed, and I'll let you know if it happens again.

Also thanks for the info about Alchemy even though that wasn't the primary issue.