Author Topic: Help: Few Info. about YouWave Android 2.0  (Read 7887 times)

Abhi

• View Profile
Help: Few Info. about YouWave Android 2.0
« on: November 20, 2011, 02:52:15 AM »
Hello all,

i'm a new youwave android user. i'm an android enthousiast and want to buy my own android device soon, but before that i want to test it, for that i already used official Android SDK emulator and virtualbox (Android x86). definitely youwave android seems better to me than those. it's really fast and user-friendly. as i'm a new user of it so now i need to know some info. about it:

* how can i increase the space of virtual SD card? it's current size is 1024 MB only and i think it's not enough as i want to test a lot of apps. internal memory is also small, is there any way to increase this SD card size? 2-4 GB will be ok.

* how can i upload (i mean store) files (image, music, video etc.) into that SD card from my PC's local hard disk (like android SDK emulator)? is there any command or something like that?

* is there any way to increase the screen resolution of android? my native system resolution is 1600x900 (laptop), so android screen looking kinda small to me  :(    (something like 800x600 or 1024x768 will be better). i found current resolution is 640x480 in configuration (under menu->dev tools), is there any way to change this value?

* when i install an application from android market, i didn't find it anywhere in the system. that means, it showing- application is downloading, but after finishing download it not installed and even i didn't find that downloaded app anywhere in my system (including SD card). any solution? manual installation via apps folder working though.

* how to make camera app works? so that i can take picture using my notebook's webcam.

it'll be very helpful for me if anyone kindly inform me about those issues.
Regards.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Processor: AMD athlon II dual core 2.2 GHz
RAM: 2 GB
Video memory: 256 MB (ATI mobility Radeon HD 4200 series)
Youwave Android version: 2.0
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 05:29:22 AM by Abhi »

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Help: Few Info. about YouWave Android 2.0
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 09:15:09 AM »
Thanks for your post and your interest. Most of your points are YouWave's current limitations. We are working on many of them.

Please see responses in lines marked by YW.

Hello all,

i'm a new youwave android user. i'm an android enthousiast and want to buy my own android device soon, but before that i want to test it, for that i already used official Android SDK emulator and virtualbox (Android x86). definitely youwave android seems better to me than those. it's really fast and user-friendly. as i'm a new user of it so now i need to know some info. about it:

* how can i increase the space of virtual SD card? it's current size is 1024 MB only and i think it's not enough as i want to test a lot of apps. internal memory is also small, is there any way to increase this SD card size? 2-4 GB will be ok.

YW:Currently you cannot change the size. We are making user friendly way to adjust SD card size.

* how can i upload (i mean store) files (image, music, video etc.) into that SD card from my PC's local hard disk (like android SDK emulator)? is there any command or something like that?

YW: Again, we are working on a solution. Currently, our users load Dropbox to transfer files.

* is there any way to increase the screen resolution of android? my native system resolution is 1600x900 (laptop), so android screen looking kinda small to me  :(    (something like 800x600 or 1024x768 will be better). i found current resolution is 640x480 in configuration (under menu->dev tools), is there any way to change this value?

YW: Again, this is a current limitation. A solution is expected.

* when i install an application from android market, i didn't find it anywhere in the system. that means, it showing- application is downloading, but after finishing download it not installed and even i didn't find that downloaded app anywhere in my system (including SD card). any solution? manual installation via apps folder working though.

YW: Not sure what's the problem. Our test shows OK.

* how to make camera app works? so that i can take picture using my notebook's webcam.
YW: currently not supported.

it'll be very helpful for me if anyone kindly inform me about those issues.
Regards.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Processor: AMD athlon II dual core 2.2 GHz
RAM: 2 GB
Video memory: 256 MB (ATI mobility Radeon HD 4200 series)
Youwave Android version: 2.0
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

Abhi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 02:04:09 AM »
thanks for info.

i understand now and hope those issues will be solved soon. wish you guys all the best for nice effort  :)

however, i find out a solution for storing music, photo etc. files in virtual SD card from local hard disk. i'm using Winmount for this purpose.

Regards.

e60gue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 02:25:12 AM »
still i guess most important issue is access.. and speed.. currently with dropbox and everything it requires process and is slow.. but I guess it will improve with time.. Youwave's been great anyway.. yet still more things to come