Author Topic: Youwave portable?  (Read 13282 times)

takkeher

• View Profile
Youwave portable?
« on: November 27, 2011, 06:49:06 AM »
Is it possible to make YouWave portable? I mean can it be installed on a portable device, e.g. USB and redirect this line
"C:\Documents and Settings\"User"\youwave\android apps\" to the portable device.

Thanks in advance

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Youwave portable?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 10:27:15 AM »
No, it is not possible. The installer of YouWave installs some system services including registry updates. It cannot be run just as a simple execution file.
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

YouWaveModerator

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 07:08:55 AM »
I know Youwave wasn't build for Whatsapp and that the trend caught you guys by surprise, but I believe a mayor part is using it to whatsapp.
Youwave has no way to visually notify a user if they missed the notification sound, like MSN blinks orange...

The next best thing would be a always on top feature, so the youwave window doesn't hide in the background, I currently have to install a extra application for that...
a build in feature would be very convenient :p

Frequent Asked Questions (FAQ) here: http://youwave.com/forum/index.php?topic=3439.0
DO NOT SEND PERSONAL MESSAGES

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 11:34:43 AM »
Reconx86,

Do you mean a feature that runs the application in the Windows system tray when application main window is closed? And it shows notifications by blinking or showing different colors or showing a small message box.

Or do you mean making YouWave window always visible? But will that be annoying because you want to use other windows and want to save screen space when you are not actively on YouWave, is that right?
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

YouWaveModerator

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 07:25:08 AM »
Sometimes the notifications are more important than what's going on on the screen, and most of the times I would prefer not to miss out on incoming messages...
This option shouldn't be anoying, IF you make a simple button to turn it on/off, just like Home, Back, etc.... OR

If that's isn't an option for you guys... you could also implement it like Windows Media Player did... and place the option in the filemenu

As long as it can be turned on and off there shouldn't be any problem

Frequent Asked Questions (FAQ) here: http://youwave.com/forum/index.php?topic=3439.0

YouWaveModerator

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 07:34:06 AM »
   Do you mean a feature that runs the application in the Windows system tray when application main window is closed? And it shows notifications by blinking or showing different colors or showing a small message box.

That blinking notification is also a cool idea, but that would probably take a lot more time to program... so I'm just asking for a simple "Always On Top" solution.... and depending on the importance of the conversation I can decide if I leave youwave on top...