Author Topic: Downloading an app from the Android market?  (Read 6709 times)

George Spiggott

• View Profile
Downloading an app from the Android market?
« on: February 23, 2011, 03:58:36 PM »
Hi, I'm new and I have a couple of questions, I hope you can help me.

1. I'm trying to download this iBodger app from the Android market. https://market.android.com/search?q=ibodger&rdid=com.whicken.ibodger&pli=1 It says that I don't have an Android phone associated with the account, is there any way around this so that I can download the app directly to Windows or the emulator?

This app gets updated pretty often, I can email the developer for a copy each time he updates but this would be a simpler way.

2. When I update the app (file) above it doesn't update the app program in the emulator unless I reinstall Youwave. is there a way to avoid having to do this?

3. Is is possible to access the contents of the SD card through windows for backup purposes?

Thanks in advance for your help.

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Downloading an app from the Android market?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 09:09:00 PM »
1. We are working on improving our app downloading system. However, being a startup, we currently do not have the licensing power to bring Android Market to our platform. There are ways to work around it, such as downloading to a phone and copying it to pc, google search and then downloading from a third-party site.

2. You do not have to reinstall YouWave. You can uninstall the app first (setting->manage applications), then double click the app to install it.

3. Not possible at the moment. We may consider it as a future feature enhancement.

YouWave Team
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

George Spiggott

• View Profile
Re: Downloading an app from the Android market?
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 05:12:13 PM »
Thanks for the reply.