Author Topic: Changing YouWave Header  (Read 5955 times)

rafaelguedes

• View Profile
Changing YouWave Header
« on: December 20, 2011, 06:20:11 AM »
I'm using YouWave and I'm loving it. It works perfectly. I just have one doubt: Is there any way I can change YouWave Header? I mean, I'm trying to use Android Market, I've managed to install it and it's working perfectly but when I access my account on the computer to buy a specific app, it says "This app is incompatible with all of your devices. Verizon YouWave Youwave_custom (registered December, 2011) This item is not compatible with your device."
I'm just wondering if there is any way I can change that User-Agent Header to emulate an actual Android like Samsung or any other.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 08:17:52 AM by rafaelguedes »

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Changing YouWave Header
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 07:21:55 AM »
Compatibility has been an issue in the Android world in general. If you can let us know what app this is, then we should be able to find out the reason why it is not compatible with YouWave.

We have tried hard to emulate an actual device. We will continue to do so. What we don't want to do is to emulate a particular Android phone from a name brand such as Samsung. The Youwave_custom you see is our own brand.

With this being said, it is technically possible to let our users to customize device profile information. The question is that how do you know which profile string will work exactly for you.

YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

rafaelguedes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 10:06:05 AM »
Ok, I got it. ;D
Well, the app I'm trying to download is "BTK Twins", here is the link at Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.decodeltd.btktwins
Thanks anyway. :D

ku214

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 11:54:30 PM »
Ok, I got it. ;D
Well, the app I'm trying to download is "BTK Twins", here is the link at Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.decodeltd.btktwins
Thanks anyway. :D

i've encountered a similar problem, how did you end up getting it to work? thanks