Author Topic: If you see an error message "Installation Error. Please reinstall the product."  (Read 29436 times)

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
   If while using YouWave you see an exact same message as attached that says "Installation Error. Please reinstall the product." and you cannot continue using YouWave, please note that

this message can only be seen from a cracked copy of YouWave. A cracked copy is not reliable.

Please note that YouWave is developed by people whose lives rely on it. YouWave is not a big corporation full of Mercedes. Our are tiny yet resilient. Our blood, toil, tears, and sweat are with it. We truly hope to have your support.

If you are satisfied with our product and want to continue to use it, please visit http://www.youwave.com/store to purchase the Activation Key.

At this moment, if you want to recover your data, please do the followings:

1. Make a copy of the file <user id>\.Virtualbox\HardDisks\youwave_vm01.vdi to somewhere else not under the <user id>\.Virtualbox directory. Make additional copies to a different safe location because this is a very important file. All your data is there.

2. Download official YouWave program and re-install it. After installation, you will see a new file youwave_vm01.vdi. This is empty with only 17KB.

3. Overwrite the new youwave_vm01.vdi with the one you saved in Step 1.

4. Now start YouWave, continue with the trial and you should have recovered.

Again, a cracked copy is not reliable. Please use our official version. We need your support.

All the best.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 01:06:00 AM by YouWaveAdmin »
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

mapps

• View Profile
Dear Admin,
I downloaded the app from your website and got the same error, so it is not (always) a cracked copy.
The error is a different one:
I use an account which is not an administrator account (some other users reported the same setup). When i install the program, a popup will appear asking me to login as administrator to install the app (since my account is limited and not allowed to install any programs, only the administrator is allowed to do so).
When I now try to start youwave, I get the exact same error message.
When I look into my directory, there is NO /.Virtualbox directory. BUT there is one in under the administrator account (exactly the same issue the other user has reported).
So, the problem is, once I have to key in the administrator login details to install the program (from within my restricted useraccount), it will install the program in the administrator account and not in the user account!!!
That's where the error is. And the other user has reported, that when he installs in the administrator account, he can run the program, exactly what i describe here. So, this is an installation bug, not a hacked copy of the program. Please look into this.
Thank you

YouWaveModerator

• View Profile
Some applications offer the option to install for multiple or single user accounts.  I think youwave should, build that feature in.

Frequent Asked Questions (FAQ) here: http://youwave.com/forum/index.php?topic=3439.0
DO NOT SEND PERSONAL MESSAGES

mapps

• View Profile
the problem here is not that is single user or multiple user, but that the (single user) installation goes to the admin account if the user account is not privileged to install programs. By right it should be installed in the user account.
I actually checked the administrator account, and, voila, it worked, the icons were there on the desktop and I could start the program (but I don't want to use the admin account to run youwave).
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 05:20:15 PM by mapps »

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
mapps,

We will provide support for non-admin users soon. Expect 2-3 weeks, as we do have other priorities.

The message you actually saw should be "Initialization Error : Please reinstall YouWave". The message ""Installation Error. Please reinstall the product" is definitely from a cracked version. We will change the latter message to directly point out the fact of being cracked.

By the way, is your PC owned by a company hence the user level is restricted?

mapps

• View Profile
    By the way, is your PC owned by a company hence the user level is restricted?

It is not advisable to run the daily activities in an admin account. The admin account is only there for "admin". The daily account should be restricted for increased security. I have set up my home computer as such. I never use an admin account to log in daily for surfing etc....

YouWaveModerator

• View Profile
We will change the latter message to directly point out the fact of being cracked.

Good idea, you could also put a link in that message, that leads to the store page.
That way the people are more likely to buy the key, instead of retrying.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 02:40:10 PM by reconx86 »

Frequent Asked Questions (FAQ) here: http://youwave.com/forum/index.php?topic=3439.0
DO NOT SEND PERSONAL MESSAGES

amarathinee

• View Profile
I know this topic is a  few years old, but lately I keep seeing this message. I am not using a cracked version of Youwave, I download it directly from the site and I'm ATTEMPTING to use the 10 day trial. However, I can open it a few times and then I get the error to reinstall it. Today I uninstalled, cleared my registry, restarted my computer and re-installed Youwave, downloaded directly from this website. As soon as I tried to open it, I got the message to re-install Youwave. I'm running Windows Vista, SP2 on a 32 bit system. Not sure what's going on.

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thank you for your interest. Before you reinstall, can you delete the directory <user name>/.Virtualbox to start from a clean state?