Author Topic: Applications Errors!  (Read 18044 times)

F0u4d

• View Profile
Applications Errors!
« on: February 19, 2012, 05:40:18 AM »
Is it normal that some app don't work on Youwave?
theres lots of apps/live wallpapers/... that when i try to open or click something in it (Ex: in twitter app when i click reply on a tweet) i get this error : "Sorry! The application appname (process com.appname) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

so its normal that some app dont work on YouWave or im having something wrong with my Youwave?
or am i doing something wrong while installing?
Please Help Me :)
Thanks!

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Applications Errors!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 02:10:50 PM »
YouWave does have limitations:
Apps that have ARM native code, require Flash, require hardware sensors, or use closed source APIs, are not supported.

However, once you have installed a particular app, it should not end like "... has stopped unexpectedly". The failures should not be so rampant. Can you please list the apps that you have installed? From your posts, looks like you have google apps installed. Maybe there are some interaction issues.
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

dolphinvlc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 04:39:46 AM »
That problem it,s the same who happend with whatsapp... i think it,s no normal we install the app works fine during days and the doesn,t works... if reinstall again so works fine... i don,t think was caused for youwave limitations...

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 08:03:28 PM »
Right, it is not because of YouWave limitation. We suspect your problem is data corruption in WhatsApp.  Whatsapp app probably was not properly shutdown when YouWave is closed, causing data corruption. Such data corruption may prevent Whatsapp from starting. Do you usually close YouWave without exiting Whatsapp application?

dolphinvlc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 05:12:10 AM »
Right, it is not because of YouWave limitation. We suspect your problem is data corruption in WhatsApp.  Whatsapp app probably was not properly shutdown when YouWave is closed, causing data corruption. Such data corruption may prevent Whatsapp from starting. Do you usually close YouWave without exiting Whatsapp application?

I try in two ways , in the first way i close whatsapp and then youwave doing in this way, when i restart whatsapp make the startup process conect and works fine....in the other way (exit youwave without close whatsapp) crash with the msg "appname (process com.appname) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." and the only way to fix it it,s reinstall the aplication ...

psplam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 10:47:45 AM »
I get the annoying message when starting YouWave. It is
Android.Process.Media.

After searching, I found the following worked :
1. Setting, Application, Manage Application, all
2. open download manager, force stop, clear data
3. open media storage, force stop, clear data

The annoying message is gone

Above is for error relating to Media. I think the logic is same.

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 01:54:17 PM »
You are right. Usually the "process.<something>" message is caused by data corruption associated with a particular app. Such problems can be seen on real Android phones as well.  However, we have found that on YouWave, such errors seem more common. It should be related to YouWave's non-graceful shutdown of Android OS. Definitely we will make improvement so that the software is more stable.

dyer_maker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 01:35:25 AM »
I get the annoying message when starting YouWave. It is
Android.Process.Media.

After searching, I found the following worked :
1. Setting, Application, Manage Application, all
2. open download manager, force stop, clear data
3. open media storage, force stop, clear data

The annoying message is gone

Above is for error relating to Media. I think the logic is same.

it doesn't work well on me as I try to fix my DropBox problem :(