Author Topic: Market not showing apps correctly.  (Read 4005 times)

AndroidFan

• View Profile
Market not showing apps correctly.
« on: April 05, 2012, 04:50:54 AM »
I have market installed and was working perfectly.
I have downloaded a few apps already.

However, now when I type anything in the search place for example "temple run", the game doesn't show up.
Why?

I typed in "Hanging" before to download the app, "Hanging with Friends" by Zynga. But now if I type in "Hanging" or "Hanging with Friends" I cannot find it.

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Market not showing apps correctly.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 08:43:28 PM »
Android Market has filtering criteria. It checks applicability of a particular app on a particular platform. YouWave is such a special Android platform so that some apps do not show. It is possible for YouWave to enhance its settings to broader its applicability. However, right now we are more focused on some other high priority tasks.

The alternative is try to find apps directly from the web and download them from third party sites/appstores. There are plenty of them.
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

YouWaveModerator

• View Profile
Re: Market not showing apps correctly.
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 06:49:38 AM »
Just some additional information:
On the content page (sidepanel) 1Mobile was placed to counter most of the deficiencies of Android Market.
AppBrain which can be found within 1Mobile is heavily user maintained...  So your best chances are these 2 markets I mentioned

1Mobile & AppBrain

Frequent Asked Questions (FAQ) here: http://youwave.com/forum/index.php?topic=3439.0
DO NOT SEND PERSONAL MESSAGES