Author Topic: "Software package error. Please reinstall the product from an official source."  (Read 26396 times)

sjc1963

• View Profile
Every so often I get the error message:

"Software package error. Please reinstall the product from an official source."

when I start and have to reinstall YouWave and lose everything I installed. Does anyone else get this error as well?

I'm using 2.2.3, but it did the same with 2.2.2. I have a Pentium 4 3.4GHz CPU, and 2 Gigs of RAM.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 07:31:00 AM by sjc1963 »

Spitfire

• «The Fire King»
    • View Profile
    • «El Diario de un Cruzado» v1.4
As far as I'm concerned, yes... this happens quite often but I thought it was a problem of my laptop.
I think there's no fix for now... but...
If you backup THE SD CARD (%USERPROFILE%\.Virtualbox\HardDisks\youwave_vm01.vdi), you won't lose anything.

1) Copy the file mentioned before.
2) Paste it in your documents folder, I don't know... wherever you can find it later.
3) Uninstall YouWave.
4) Install it again.
5) Copy youwave_vm01.vdi and paste it into %USERPROFILE%\.Virtualbox\HardDisks\.
6) Replace the existing file.
7) Start YouWave.

Everything will be there.

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If you see this error, please just follow what this message says - reinstall from the official site. Then do you still see the problem?

There is something corrupted or hacked after installation that makes the program's execution impossible.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 05:26:52 PM by YouWaveAdmin »
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

Spitfire

• «The Fire King»
    • View Profile
If you see this error, please just follow what this message says - reinstall from the official site. Then do you still see the problem? You will not.

There is something corrupted or hacked after installation that makes the program's execution impossible.
That's the weird thing. I've downloaded it (and after that installed it) at least 7 times from YouWave's official site.
I think there's a problem with my Internet Download Manager or my Internet, then...

YouWaveModerator

• View Profile
Just Re-installing is not the best option... You have to restart the computer...

Try this:
- uninstall first
- Restart your computer
- Right click on the installer (Not Double Click)
- Run as Administrator

PS: You must use a account with Administrator priveleges

Frequent Asked Questions (FAQ) here: http://youwave.com/forum/index.php?topic=3439.0
DO NOT SEND PERSONAL MESSAGES

sjc1963

• View Profile
Thanks for the help.

Its not as if it happens often. It can be weeks between this happening. Its really an annoyance.

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi Folks,

If someone applies any third party patches to the YouWave program, this will show up eventually.

This is the same message as mentioned in this post  http://youwave.com/forum/index.php?topic=2060.0

A cracked YouWave is not reliable. We cannot support issues from using a cracked version of YouWave.

If you are a paid customer and never applied any patch to YouWave program but still see this error message,  please email us to info at youwave.com for assistance.

Regards.

Spitfire

• «The Fire King»
    • View Profile
Is there something extremely wrong if my installation wasn't cracked though (downloaded it from youwave.com of course) and I still get that horrible message?

PS: I actually got it 7 times.
PS2: At the time of this post, the installation is working fine.

sjc1963

• View Profile
This is not the same message. It can be weeks AFTER installation when this message shows up and disappears AFTER reinstallion. I don't like what you're implying. I PAID for my copy. Its your copy protection screwing up.

Like I always say, copy protection schemes only ever adversely affect legal owners of software. Pirates can easily bypass them all.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 02:57:16 PM by sjc1963 »

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sorry, we have no intention to make our customers upset. We are looking into this issue for possibility of screwing up.

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi sjc1963,

Do you recall you have manually modified, deleted, overwrote any files under <user id>/.Virtualbox before you saw this error message?

We can bring this offline if you want. You can email us at info at youwave.com.

Thanks.

sjc1963

• View Profile
I did nothing of the sort. I leave those folders alone. It just happens out of the blue. One day everything is running fine and the next day BLAM! "Me no workie anymore...." I'm not the only one on here to have this happen either.

I have it uninstalled now and waiting for the next version.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 07:28:45 AM by sjc1963 »

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
We are looking into the possibility of removing this check in our next release. So far, it is still not clear for us why the sanity check fails.

YouWaveModerator

• View Profile
youwave admins... why not collect the files of the people that are experiencing problems... or change to a online verify service

Frequent Asked Questions (FAQ) here: http://youwave.com/forum/index.php?topic=3439.0
DO NOT SEND PERSONAL MESSAGES

sjc1963

• View Profile
"the sanity check"?

All copy protection schemes are flawed. Its an unrelated routine trying to co-exist with another. Even when they are working they are flawed.

Under Windows Activation I've had to call up the help center to reactivate because it could not tell the difference between a software update and a hardware update. It got so bad that they automatically invalided my key code because of too many activations. They were never a deterrent to pirates either. Its a waste of time and resources.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 06:31:22 AM by sjc1963 »