Author Topic: "Software package error. Please reinstall the product from an official source."  (Read 26256 times)

YouWaveModerator

• View Profile
No not always, yes some antipiracy measures do more harm than good.
Like DRM does to MP3 and some other measures, but that doesnt mean all antipiracy measures are flawed...

Look at how whatsapp operates, they check your expiry date online, you cant say all sanity checks are flawed just because a few didnt work out...
But I do agree that excesive protection doesn't always benefit the user...

Frequent Asked Questions (FAQ) here: http://youwave.com/forum/index.php?topic=3439.0
DO NOT SEND PERSONAL MESSAGES

sjc1963

• View Profile
No not always, yes some antipiracy measures do more harm than good.
Like DRM does to MP3 and some other measures, but that doesnt mean all antipiracy measures are flawed...

Look at how whatsapp operates, they check your expiry date online, you cant say all sanity checks are flawed just because a few didnt work out...
But I do agree that excesive protection doesn't always benefit the user...

Those are the worse kind since you're ALWAYS seen as being a potential pirate. Plus you have to have a persistent connection in order to use such apps even if they are not a internet related programs. I recently bought an app for my Playbook and when I went to use it, when there was no WiFi in range, it wouldn't work and it wasn't an Internet program. Guilty without due process.

If YouWave only had the serial it wouldn't be all that bad, but they also put a limit on how long that you can enter it as well. They have way too much Copy protection on it and as I've seen from others on here it is causing problems.

I've only ever had bad experiences with copy protection and there is nothing "sane" about it.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 10:50:52 AM by sjc1963 »

YouWaveModerator

• View Profile
Its just weird that you always seem to be the victim, I dont run into so much problems

Frequent Asked Questions (FAQ) here: http://youwave.com/forum/index.php?topic=3439.0
DO NOT SEND PERSONAL MESSAGES

sjc1963

• View Profile
Its just weird that you always seem to be the victim, I dont run into so much problems

Maybe because I don't take things lying down. Or accept the status quo. Again I don't like what you're trying to imply here. I'm no one's victim. A victim accepts what's given to them without question.....

I take it that you're not in customer relations?   ::)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 01:34:51 PM by sjc1963 »

Spitfire

• «The Fire King»
    • View Profile
    • «El Diario de un Cruzado» v1.4
C'mon, you're pushing it too far, sjc1963.
Want to discuss the moral matter around this topic? There's the private message option.
Want to get a fix for this? Keep discussing with the proper manners.

Victim
Definition: An unfortunate person who suffers from some adverse circumstance.
Source: Here
And now, you're not a YouWave's victim?
Please... if you're asking for help or suggesting something, please do it in the right way.

Greetings.

===================

*** Back on track ***
Today I got the same error. Damned installation.
Uninstalled, re-installed it, activated it with key.
Let's see what happens.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 05:32:52 AM by Spitfire »

sjc1963

• View Profile
I'm not the one who brought up the "morals" aspect. They're the one's who are implying otherwise. As if it is ALWAYS the customers fault.

I never got this error when I INSTALLED it, only some time AFTERWARDS for no reason. The Installation always went well. I've already stated this.....

« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 06:55:20 AM by sjc1963 »

Spitfire

• «The Fire King»
    • View Profile
    • «El Diario de un Cruzado» v1.4
I wonder if you know the meaning of Installation...
Installation:
1a. The act of installing.
1b. The state of being installed. Also called installment.

Well... I won't argue with you.
I'm not in the mood.
Good luck, then.

sjc1963

• View Profile
I wonder if you know the meaning of Installation...
Installation:
1a. The act of installing.
1b. The state of being installed. Also called installment.

Well... I won't argue with you.
I'm not in the mood.
Good luck, then.

Using semantics as an argument is a fallacy and thus not a valid point.....

It must be very difficult getting around with that dictionary stuck up you rear.   ::)

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi Guys,

Listen up.

We listen to our users and improve our product. sjc1963 made some good points. There are pros and cons in different approaches.

There is one argument saying that piracy protections will not prevent piracy but only affects legal customers. Here, we'd like to disclose one FACT. A few months ago, in just ONE day, our steadily increasing sales suddenly dropped 50%. We did not know why and researched. Then we found out that the first pirated copy of YouWave appeared on the Internet. This gave us one conclusion: about 50% potential purchasers opted to use pirated copy when they can find one on the Internet. Had they not been able to find one or use one, they would still buy it. That's the group of people we'd like to influence and to bring in as customers. For any business, 50% of revenue is a huge difference. From that day, it has become a game between our developers and pirates. We know that we could screw things up so we have been really careful. But still, there could be issues like sjc1963 reported. If you have any better ideas, we will listen.

Thanks,
YouWave Admin
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 07:47:16 PM by YouWaveAdmin »
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

sjc1963

• View Profile
Remember the old saying K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple, stupid.)  ;) Make it easier and fair for people to use and they will prefer it. i.e. iTunes.

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thank you. Got your point.

Folks,

I have deleted two posts. No flame war here please. Everyone, please write posts professionally and stick to factual topics.

Thank you.
Your YouWave Admin
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 09:46:26 AM by YouWaveAdmin »
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download