Author Topic: whatsapp phone num not longer allowed to use  (Read 82596 times)

rahuls3n

• View Profile
whatsapp phone num not longer allowed to use
« on: July 23, 2012, 11:36:23 PM »
please help me i ahv a problem with whats upp mseenger in youvave
it says that your phone number 92- ------------- is no longer allowed to use our service.. what should i do noww ???

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: whatsapp phone num not longer allowed to use
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 12:46:51 AM »
Looks like your number is blocked by Whatsapp for some reason. Have you used Whatsapp using this phone number over a year? We know Whatsapp charges a fee for Android devices after one year of usage.

<update 08/01>: The problem should be gone in the latest version. Please re-download and install the latest version. If you still see the issue, please let us know.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 02:44:38 PM by YouWaveAdmin »
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

burq52

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 03:18:14 AM »
i have the exact same problem. i used whatsapp with this number on my iphone and then switched back to youwave yesterday night. i re-verified it and it worked. i opened youwave today and was asked to reverify again, and boom!! the number wasnt allowed anymore. help please

mikeng

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 04:07:57 AM »
 >:( I am facing the same problem.  Tried uninstalling youwave and reinstalling it but it didn't work.  Looks like Whatsapp is blocking users of Youwave from using Whatsapp.  Please help.  I had wanted to purchase YouWave today, but encountered this problem.  Putting the purchase on hold pending resolution.

Floyd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 04:51:21 AM »
Same problem here and I haven't used the phone number for Whatsapp on a cellphone before. Any solution?

ahmad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 06:57:52 AM »
I have the same Proplem  ??

jesugo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 09:39:18 AM »
Same problem. I pay for youwave only for use whatsapp, only one week ago,  where┬┤s my money now?

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 01:15:21 PM »
We are not sure why some phone numbers are blocked by WhatsApp in the last 24 hours. However, many of our users are still using it. We are investigating this issue as we speak. We have users in Pakistan, India, Singapore, Lebanon and Spain reporting this problem.

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 03:48:14 PM »
To help us investigate this problem, can someone email us a log file?

Steps:

1. Open Devtools -> Terminal Emulation
2. Type:
su
cd /data/data/com.whatsapp/files/Logs
cat whatsapp.log

capture several screenshots of the log. scroll up for more messages.

Your phone number maybe in the log so you may not want to post the log in the forum. However, if you email the logs to us, it will help us investigate the issue.

alvincypher

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 05:31:16 PM »
hello sir , my computer hard drive just crashed and i bought a new . i run a new installation and try to install youwave and use my whatsapp bt it keep telling me , YOUR PHOE NUMBER IS NO LONGER ALLOWED TO USE OUR SERVICE. Plss sir what do i do. please help me out here

jiangiang

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 10:26:26 PM »
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 02:16:17 AM by jiangiang »

rahuls3n

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 12:56:22 AM »
noo.. its been jst five days i install youwave and whatsapp... please admin doo somethingg for thiss

muanhiaru

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 10:32:52 AM »
Good afternoon.

Sorry if my English is not good at all since I am Spanish.
I have used in YouWave WhatsApp for weeks and everything perfect but yesterday I had a problem with YouWave and I had to reinstall. When I install WhatsApp in YouWave using my same phone number I send the confirmation SMS or call me but is that using two different phone numbers to me acpeta not, nor do I send the SMS confirmation or call me to give me the code confirmation. So I can not keep using WhatsApp.

A greeting.

_Spare_Ribs_

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 08:33:22 PM »
We are not sure why some phone numbers are blocked by WhatsApp in the last 24 hours. However, many of our users are still using it. We are investigating this issue as we speak. We have users in Pakistan, India, Singapore, Lebanon and Spain reporting this problem.

you can add USA to the list. Same thing happened to me a couple of days ago. I restarted youwave and WhatsApp told me I had to re-verify and then bang. Phone number is no longer allowed to use the service. I have e-mailed WhatsApp support and had nothing back, probably because their support is one spotty-faced teenager sitting in his mom's basement!

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2012, 11:42:50 PM »
Update: we are stilling investigating, but we have limited visibility on what happens at the WhatsApp side.

We added a notice on our download page:
YouWave cannot guarantee that third-party applications can be supported in YouWave software. Some applications, such as WhatsApp, are not officially supported by their vendors on platforms other than phones.