Author Topic: Installation of YouWave on an Acer Iconia W500 Tablet?  (Read 3352 times)

meengla

• View Profile
Installation of YouWave on an Acer Iconia W500 Tablet?
« on: August 06, 2012, 10:20:53 AM »
Hi,
I have an Acer Iconia W500 running Windows 8. The hardware is x86. I think I should be able to install YouWave in Windows 8. Considering that the tablet has accelerometer etc what will be the limitations of running YouWave in that system? Will the upgrade to ICS be free for licensed copies?
Thanks,
Meengla
PS. Right now, I have a trial version of YouWave running in a Windows 7 computer. Looks promising. Even the 'Market' (Google Play) application was smooth. But I have an ebook (Oreilly's Programming ASP.NET 4) which I am able to install as an app but can't get to the table of content?

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Installation of YouWave on an Acer Iconia W500 Tablet?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 11:50:57 PM »
Currently YouWave - the small phone screen version - does not support accelerometer. Our roadmap is ICS then tablet version. A lot of new things, such as sensor support, will happen in the tablet version.

What do you mean by cannot get to the table of content? Can the app start?
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

meengla

• View Profile
Re: Installation of YouWave on an Acer Iconia W500 Tablet?
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 06:01:23 AM »
Hi,
Thanks for the response. Never mind the TOC problem in the book; btw, the book does launch.
I am going to wait until the tablet version of YouWave comes out so that I can take advantage of Android on my Windows 8 tablet...
Thanks