Author Topic: Desktop Notifications  (Read 5268 times)

Antigaprime

• View Profile
Desktop Notifications
« on: August 14, 2012, 07:47:40 AM »
I noticed that in the release information of Youwave 2.3.0 there is an item that says "Desktop Notification". I was wondering if anyone has any idea what this does or is supposed to do, because in Youwave there are now two buttons; one that says "Always on top" and "Desktop Notification". From what I can gather, having "Desktop Notification" checked does absolutely nothing, so maybe I missed out on something... thanks.

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Desktop Notifications
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 04:26:40 PM »
If you turn on "Desktop Notification", when you have a notification in Android, your desktop icon color will change, notifying you there is an event. This can be used by users who want to  get notifications while leaving YouWave in the background. For example, if you configure receive notifications in WhatsApp, when a message comes, the desktop icon color will change.
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

diabolo131313

• View Profile
Re: Desktop Notifications
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 09:11:33 PM »
Well, I'm using Youwave 3.16 and Whatsapp on Windows 8.1 and deleted desktop icon because I don't want it there. However I pinned the program exe to the taskbar, then I believe it would be a great feature this icon to change color or blink or whatever indicates me an income message.