Author Topic: YW V2.3.3 Settings wont stick  (Read 5093 times)

m0m0

• View Profile
YW V2.3.3 Settings wont stick
« on: October 03, 2012, 09:50:24 AM »
Hello. Using YouWave 2.3.3. I'm not sure if it is a bug or a isolated incident. but many setting refuse to stick. for example if check always on top. and shutdown YouWave next time i turn it on the setting will no longer be checked. This also applies to application I've installed. after installing & settings up. next time i turn them on. its almost like I'm running the app for the first time. its not app related because I'm running them on my Android device and they work without issues. any suggestions or did i run into bug?

thank you

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: YW V2.3.3 Settings wont stick
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 11:05:51 AM »
The Always-On-Top setting is not saved across restart. It is designed this way. Some people may find always-on-top annoying and we ask users to explicitly turn it on if they want to.

For installed apps however, the settings should preserve. Not only that, the android internal settings should preserve also. We'd like to investigate more on your issue. We suspect that it is caused by the app writes its setting to a directory which is not saved. If you can, let us know the app. If you have concern of posting the name, you can always email us at info at youwave dot com.
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

m0m0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 12:22:01 PM »
Interesting. I did not have this problem with YouWave 2.3.2. the always on setting stuck w/o problem. if a user sets it that way i don't see why it would reset it self on restart. The reason to have this option would be up to end user to enable or disable it? Moving forward, the app in question i'm using tinyCAM Monitor  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alexvas.dvr&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNdyStore. The initial setup of the IP cameras and all user options are available able as well as the options menu. After restart the menu shows up again. on every restart. again this was not a problem with YouWave 2.3.2.

thank you

m0m0

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 02:26:58 PM »
More info. reverted back to 2.3.2 and noticed you were correct about the always on top feature not sticking weird that i did not notice this before. Since we're on the subject would be a nice to have end users setting stick to their preference.. I cant imagine installing an application, taking the time to set it to my needs and have to reset them every time i restart it. uninstall comes mind :). I'm sure you have your reasons. However, customization is always priority for me.

As for tinyCAM. all is working in perfect harmony. Maybe we can conclude its an issue with v 2.3.3? let me know of your findings.

thank for your help. I think ill stick with 2.3.2 for now. if you have any questions or need more info to help in discovering the problem just ask. ill monitor the forum for a bit longer.

thank you

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 01:05:01 AM »
Saving always-on-top setting is very easy to implement. We may add it into the next release (after some debate).

We will see why 2.3.3 does not save the setting for this app. For all the apps we tested, 2.3.3 works fine.

BTW a question, since you are using tinyCAM, does the audio work fine in tinyCAM?
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

m0m0

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 06:53:51 AM »
yes audio works fine for me.

thank you