Author Topic: Remote Desktop  (Read 4508 times)

ucramos

• View Profile
Remote Desktop
« on: April 17, 2013, 08:56:52 AM »
I installed Youwave 4.1.1 on a windows server 2012 computer.
It works perfectly.
I access it 99% of the times with a windowed remote desktop to manage it.

When i run youwave on it, it works great. I can click everything and do all the tasks.
But as soon as i click my local computer do to anything, with the youwave app selected on the remote pc, and return to the windowed remote desktop, youwave stops responding. I can click the buttons on on the bottom, like "home" and "back" but the dont do anything. They go "up and down" but don´t respond.
And if i click the youwave "touchscreen" nothing happens. It´s like it stops recognizing the mouse.

If i shut it down and run it again, it goes back to normal.

If i miminize youwave, select another window or the desktop before leaving the remote pc, go to my local pc and then go back to my remote pc and reselect youwave, the "touchscreen" keeps working as it should.

I have to remember myself to deselect youwave, or i will have to restart it everytime i change from remote to local.

Can anyone test this?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 09:00:59 AM by ucramos »

ucramos

• View Profile
Re: Remote Desktop
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 11:40:40 AM »
I was moving some files on astro manager, forgot to deselect youwave and went into my local pc. When i went back to the remote pc, i noticed that the progress bar was stopped. So i don´t know if is only the "touchscreen" that stops responding, or if the program stops itself.

ucramos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 11:18:10 AM »
Anyone?
Could the Youwave team test this?

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 11:59:38 PM »
What is your remote desktop client and server? While the buttons do  not work, how about the functions from the menus?

Looks like the remote desktop software, under certain condition, fails to process graphic updates from YouWave.
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

ucramos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 06:28:14 AM »
I use Microsoft Remote Desktop.
The remote computer is running Windows Server 2012 and i´ve tried windows 8, windows 7 and windows XP as local computers. They all have this problem.
If i remember to deselect the youwave window before leaving the remote computer, all is well when i go back.. but if i forget and click the local desktop without deselecting youwave, as soon as i go over to youwave, all is frozen. The Buttons and the screen don´t work, but from the menu i can shutdown the program.