Author Topic: Automatically install new version of app when double click it?  (Read 5060 times)

skinhat

• View Profile
I'm developing an android app and I'm using youwave because for me the android emulator that google supplies is slow.

I changed the youwave app directory to the bin directory of my eclipse build where my app APK file is generated. I was hoping that every time I double click on the app on the top left of youwave that it would reinstall my app so I could run it and test it out. But it looks like I have to uninstall my app on youwave each time I want to rerun my app. Is there a way that every time I double click on my app in the top left of youwave that it uninstalls my existing app from  youwave and installs the new version? Would be good if it was like the android emulator with eclipse where every time you build the APK file and run it will automatically update the emulator with your new version.

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Automatically install new version of app when double click it?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 10:23:58 PM »
Fair enough. We agree with your suggestion. We will see whether we can implement this in one of our upcoming releases.

Thanks for your suggestion.
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

skinhat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 11:31:42 PM »
Great.

What else would be useful for Android development is if you could get the 'logcat' log when you run an app.

I use often use System.out.println in my Android apps for testing. Would be good if I could see the log in youwave

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 11:39:30 PM »
Sure. I can say that this feature will be implemented.
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

skinhat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 11:59:25 PM »
What would be perfect is if you could connect youwave up to Eclipse and launch your android app with it like you can with the android emulator. I think its a common gripe with the Android emulator that its too slow. So lots of developers would use youwave if they could use it as an emulator replacement.