Author Topic: Using multiple account  (Read 4656 times)

AmilaSuriga

• View Profile
Using multiple account
« on: May 18, 2013, 11:52:18 PM »
I want to know if I could using multiple account (uhm, is that called Android ID?) or not. For example, I want to create 5 different accounts (clones) in a game, so I need 5 different android phones. Is that possible for YouWave on 1 PC only?
I use Home 1.4 version.

P/S: sorry for my bad English.

YouWaveModerator

• View Profile
Re: Using multiple account
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 12:01:14 AM »
Yes, currently we have a option in the File menu called Android Factory Reset, which should create a new VDI disk with a new ID and backup the current one.
Unfortunatly this method doesn't work for everyone, because of some minor issues that will be addressed in the future.
The active VDI is called youwave_vm01.vdi and is located in %USERPROFILE%\.Virtualbox\HardDisks

The other method is to create multiple Windows User Accounts. Every account has its own private space in Youwave.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 12:10:40 AM by YouWaveModerator »

Frequent Asked Questions (FAQ) here: http://youwave.com/forum/index.php?topic=3439.0
DO NOT SEND PERSONAL MESSAGES

AmilaSuriga

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 07:51:49 AM »
Ok thanks a lot ^^.

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 06:49:36 PM »
I need to add that "Android Factory Reset" can be used to create multiple accounts, but it was developed not for such intention, so the UI is not complete if you want to switch among multiple accounts.

Basically, "Android Factory Reset" will save your existing data in a backup file and reset Android with a fresh dataset.

To switch to the old data set is a manual step. You go to <user id>/.Virtualbox/Harddisks/ and copy the saved vdi files to youwave_vm01.vdi.
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download