Author Topic: Overriding 'back' button priorities  (Read 6298 times)

liquidharem

• View Profile
Overriding 'back' button priorities
« on: July 09, 2013, 08:28:53 AM »
Hey Admin/Forum Mods,

Would it be fairly easy/possible to override the 'back' button priorities?

I was wanting to be able to superceed the priorities currently set. The purpose being to skip some forced video scenes from one game in particular. The video scenes just slow down playback and won't cause any vulnerabilities or bugs.

I know this could potentially cause some instability within youwave (heck, maybe it wont), but I'd be willing to try it out.

Let me know,

Thanks,

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Overriding 'back' button priorities
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 11:38:03 AM »
We do not quite understand your question. When Back button is pressed, the current activity quits and the flow returns to previous activity. That is the behavior of Android. We do not have a priority concept here. Can you explain more what you want to achieve? You would like to force skip an activity by pressing the Back button?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 02:28:12 PM by YouWaveAdmin »
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

WSG-Refs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 05:24:29 PM »
I am familiar with the game in question. On a phone, whenever one of these animations comes up and you hit the BACK button it stops it by returning to the previous page. When you hit BACK on you wave, the game doesn't register it at all.

recon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 06:06:43 PM »
Could you provide us the name of the game, so we can reproduce this isue?

WSG-Refs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 06:56:32 PM »
It's Marvel War of Heroes

liquidharem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 10:00:44 AM »
Yes,

WSG is correct.

While pressing the back button in war of Heroes, it simply ignores the request, that is why I thought there was an established line of priorities.

Whereas, on an actual android device, regardless whether the action is completed or not, it will skip to the last page viewed.

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 12:11:16 AM »
So on a real device, is the action what you expected - skipping to the last page viewed? But is your purpose skip the current scene to the next?

The back button is usually for returning to the preview screen (technically called "activity").
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

liquidharem

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 03:45:53 PM »
What the back button is used for in Marvel War of Heroes is for this:

You begin a mission. As soon as you press "start mission", the computer acknowledges and does the background work instantly, whereas the player must remain watching the cut-scene clicking like mad to try skip as much as you can of it (takes lets say 5 seconds). A good portion of the game is these style of cut scenes.

Instead of waiting for the cut scene, we were able to 'skip' backward to the previous interface which was to start a mission again. This would allow you to save upwards of 15 seconds per mission (and a lot of clicking) by letting you click on the 'start mission' interface faster than if you went through the cut scenes.

Another example:

When redeeming "rally points" in game, you can trade 2000 points for 10 random low quality cards. As soon as you click the 'redeem 2000 points', the computer has already put the cards into your 'present box'; however, it will show a cut scene of each and every card popping out of the screen. This can take a LONG time, 20 seconds +, and considering people have tens of thousands of these rally points, that can mean a difference between redeeming cards for 2 hours and 20 minutes.
This is a very common occurence as well, and would save a lot of time.