Author Topic: Kik and Video for Kik  (Read 11078 times)

chuck34108

• View Profile
Kik and Video for Kik
« on: August 09, 2013, 10:03:07 AM »
Ok, I searched several forums and haven't really found an answer to this issue.  Please bear with me because I hate when you see threads that are several pages of the the original posting providing info.  I'll try to be thorough at the start.

I am running Windows Vista.  I installed Youwave 2 days ago because I do not have a smart phone yet but have had friends asking me to chat on Kik.  So, I then downloaded Kik and set up an account.  Now, since I only signed up to use the trial version of Youwave I did not bother to setup a "real" account on Kik (ie: generic name, not real email and most likely, not my phone number).  Figured I'd use it for ten days and then delete Youwave.

Well, I "shutdown" Youwave at the end of the night.  In the morning, I opened Youwave and got the "Kik.android.process has stopped unexpectedly" and now cannot get into Kik though I can still access the Video for Kik app and can see the videos.

Now, I'd like to be able to save the videos to my PC or send them to my email but if I click "share" then I get "video cannot attach".  There doesn't seem to be any files buried in the computer that would hold these videos.  I'm trying to find my friends to tell me what username I used when we talked on Kik but have not had any help. 

I know that if I uninstall and reinstall Youwave I would be able to get back into the Kik app but if I do that I don't remember my username.  I know the "name" I used when I signed up and I'm pretty sure of the password I used but don't know if that is enough to sign back in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

YouWaveModerator

• View Profile
Re: Kik and Video for Kik
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 10:22:21 AM »
This is more a question for kik-support, we cannot retrieve username's & passwords.
We did take a look if their was any file present that could reveal the kik username, but we didnt find any in our search.

Since you have used random credentials, it's highly unlikely you'll be able to retrieve them.
Our recommendation is to create a new account and note the credentials used.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 10:24:15 AM by YouWaveModerator »

Frequent Asked Questions (FAQ) here: http://youwave.com/forum/index.php?topic=3439.0
DO NOT SEND PERSONAL MESSAGES

chuck34108

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 06:46:45 AM »
thanks for the speedy reply. 

Is there a way within the Youwave Emulator to save the video fliles to the PC? 

If I go into the program file there's is no separate file for each app or anything.  If this was on a regular phone I'd send them via bluetooth or perhaps save to the SD card (not sure if it would work though).

chuck34108

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 06:56:40 AM »
damn..have to post another reply because I forgot something.......... :-[

As far as the error message; Is my only alternative to be able to log onto Kik to reinstall Youwave? 

Also, any truth to the rumor that it's better to hibernate before shutting off computer or is this just going to happen everytime I shut off the computer?

I'd hate to lose the band clips I was sent but in order to use the service, I'd go ahead and reinstall if necessary.

YouWaveModerator

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 12:28:44 PM »
You have 2 options, before considering to re-install YouWave:
* re-install kik-messenger
* File > Android Factory Reset (only in YouWave Home)

As for for importing/exporting files, you can use the YouWave's Shared Folder (read FAQ5, link below comment)
You can also use cloud-services like DropBox, Google Drive, SkyDrive & 4Shared
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 12:30:37 PM by YouWaveModerator »

Frequent Asked Questions (FAQ) here: http://youwave.com/forum/index.php?topic=3439.0
DO NOT SEND PERSONAL MESSAGES