Author Topic: Updating whatsapp  (Read 8240 times)

diablo460

• View Profile
Updating whatsapp
« on: February 23, 2014, 11:48:57 PM »
Hi everybody,
I'm new to the forum and excited to form part of this community.

Well, let's see if someone can help me :P
I hace recently installed Whatsapp aplication to my youwave, after a lot of problems (needed to install and older version and all that stuff).
Now my whatsapp is working perfectly, it's the version 2.11.152
The fact is that i am interested in the last update of whatsapp that was out few days ago, that one that alows android users to manage Privacy settings (like hide your last conection and all that stuff), but i dont know ho to update to this version?!
I cant do it thru google play cause i get the ''this version isn't compatible with your device'' and i suppose downloading the .apk file of that last whatsapp version will broke it again.

So, how can i do to get my youwave with that last Whatsapp udpate that i am so interested in?

Thanks in advance :)

YouWaveModerator

• View Profile
Re: Updating whatsapp
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 12:45:31 AM »
Running 2.11.169, to download the latest whatsapp properly use the "Online Contents" menu or 1Mobile. You can even use www.androiddrawer.com to get the latest.

Frequent Asked Questions (FAQ) here: http://youwave.com/forum/index.php?topic=3439.0
DO NOT SEND PERSONAL MESSAGES

diablo460

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 12:58:14 AM »
Hi, thanks for answering!

But wont downloading the entire new whatsapp build, directly downloaded, ruin my whatsapp?
Like i said, i was having problems to get whatsapp working if i downloaded from the whatsapp official wbsite, the latest version, and i read o this forums that i had to install an old version of whatsapp, and wait it to update automatically (and whatsapp does not updates automatically to te latest version, stuck on 2.11.152).
I dont know if i express myself, cause my english is pretty bad :/
But my fear is that if i download the latest version, whatsapp will broke again (as it did qhen i triedo to install latest version from their website).

Thanks again!

YouWaveModerator

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 01:48:38 AM »
We can not guarantee if whatsapp will work or not, not every whatsapp-issue has been resolved.

But the side-panel can corrupt downloads when double-clicking to download a app. 1Mobile usually is a good solution, but sometimes their servers seem to be down. And there is  www.androiddrawer.com.

In the end the only way to know for sure if it works or not is by trying.

Frequent Asked Questions (FAQ) here: http://youwave.com/forum/index.php?topic=3439.0

diablo460

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 12:04:02 PM »
Thanks again for your answer, i am going to try!
If you say you managed to do it i'm sure i will be able to, with some patience.
How did you do to get the last build of whatsapp? got it from 1Mobile or androiddrawer.com?
And, are you able to use that supposed new feature to ''unshow your last conexion time'' under settings/acount info (a new ''privacy'' option tree)

EDIT: just installed 1Mobile, and it detected updates like for ClockSync and another system apps, but not for whatsapp
Or can you linke me to the file of the v2.11.169 that works for you?

EDIT2: just treyd to install 2.11.169 thru 1Mobile and same as if i download it from official website. I open the application, get a whit screen, whatsap crasshes and get ''Unfurtunately, whatsapp has stopped'' error message D:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 07:40:37 AM by diablo460 »

YouWaveModerator

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 08:16:19 PM »
The working app was downloaded thru the sidepanel...

You could also try a factory reset as explainded in FAQ1B, to refresh your youwave installation

PS: another user just recently claimed that the latest version of androiddrawer.com download worked for him: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=613271188753634&id=170347613045996&ref=m_notif&notif_t=wall
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 10:00:01 PM by YouWaveModerator »

diablo460

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 11:17:28 PM »
I know it will, because the last version on androidwaver.com is  2.11.152, the one I have and I'm running.
I already tryed a factory reset, also tryed to reinstall entirely Youwave.
I dont understand how are you able to downlaod last version of whatsapp thru the side pannel and I'm dont, it brokes my whatsapp...

YouWaveModerator

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 11:52:04 PM »
Try the following, press windows + R than paste %userprofile%\youwave in the dialog, delete all files starting with com.whatsapp

Than go to view > online-content, make sure you click whatsapp only once to download. And than install whatsapp.

The problem could be the current whatsapp is corrupted because of double clicked downloading
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 11:59:39 PM by YouWaveModerator »