Author Topic: Whats App problem  (Read 39644 times)

jordy

• View Profile
Whats App problem
« on: February 27, 2012, 04:56:18 PM »
Hello,
I've downloaded WhatsApp from the AndAppStore and it installed well. I've registered my phone number and filled in the received code. Now my problem is: I have to download a newer version of WhatsApp. If I click the Download button, I got the error "The Application WhatsApp (process com.whatsapp) has stopped unexpecedly. Please try again." I've tried it many times and I've tried to download other versions of WhatsApp. I've also reinstalled MyWave but nothing worked.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Whats App problem
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 02:44:32 PM »
When you see error "The Application WhatsApp (process com.whatsapp) has stopped unexpecedly. Please try again." there is a problem in the Whatsapp app. You can reinstall WhatsApp by going to Settings->Manage applications->Choose WhatsApp ->Uninstall.

Please note that reinstall WhatsApp in YouWave and reinstall YouWave are totally different.
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

dolphinvlc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 04:20:50 AM »
I have the same problem.... if the problem was generated for whats app, why work fine in the same moment we install?  i remove you wave, and installed all again and works fine...but two days after the error apears again...

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 07:56:00 PM »
Hmm. This is a problem that we have to solve. Do you recall what happened before the error? Was there a file transferring?

We suspect this is because Whatsapp app was not properly shutdown when YouWave is closed, causing data corruption. Such data corruption may prevent Whatsapp from starting. Do you usually close YouWave without exiting Whatsapp application? Also, when you close YouWave program, you usually choose "Shutdown" or "Hibernate"?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 08:15:30 PM by YouWaveAdmin »

dolphinvlc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 05:14:13 AM »
Hmm. This is a problem that we have to solve. Do you recall what happened before the error? Was there a file transferring?

We suspect this is because Whatsapp app was not properly shutdown when YouWave is closed, causing data corruption. Such data corruption may prevent Whatsapp from starting. Do you usually close YouWave without exiting Whatsapp application? Also, when you close YouWave program, you usually choose "Shutdown" or "Hibernate"?

I try in two ways , in the first way i close whatsapp and then youwave doing in this way, when i restart whatsapp make the startup process conect and works fine....in the other way (exit youwave without close whatsapp) crash with the msg "appname (process com.appname) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." and the only way to fix it it,s reinstall the aplication ...  when i close youwave i ever use the shutdown option...

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 01:51:36 PM »
Great. Thanks for the information. Now we have found a culprit. We will provide a fix soon for this corruption. Before the fix, please make sure you exit out WhatsApp before closing YouWave program.

dolphinvlc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 08:14:39 AM »
Great. Thanks for the information. Now we have found a culprit. We will provide a fix soon for this corruption. Before the fix, please make sure you exit out WhatsApp before closing YouWave program.

If it will be usefull the information:  When the whatsapp apk crash with the error "The Application WhatsApp (process com.whatsapp) has stopped unexpecedly. Please try again." i try to do this and it,s works fine...

Go to home menu / settings / Applications / Manage Aplications / Select Whatsapp and then force Stop... doing in this way and rebooting youwave the whatsapp service works again...

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 02:20:57 PM »
Cool!

bloppymuema

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 03:28:49 AM »
Hi, my you wave has problem when i click whatsapp icon can not be downloaded it tell me to delete the previous icon but i can not see the process to delete the icon please help

YouWaveModerator

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 05:08:58 AM »
- Press windows + R
- paste: %userprofile%\youwave
- delete files starting with com.whatsapp.

Frequent Asked Questions (FAQ) here: http://youwave.com/forum/index.php?topic=3439.0
DO NOT SEND PERSONAL MESSAGES

quamemax

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 04:56:19 AM »
- Press windows + R
- paste: %userprofile%\youwave
- delete files starting with com.whatsapp.

Hello guys, i have youwave home 4.1.1 and installed old version of whatsapp and now it ask for update, when i chose to update it stopped working and would not work, ask to wait or close the app and when i choose wait it still closes. Now i downloaded the latest version from whatsapp website and installed yet it wont work. I tried pasting it in youwave apps directory, redraw icons and sent it but still it doesnt work only the old version works perfectly. Any help  :( :-\ :'(