Author Topic: Do i need some form of VirtualBox on my PC to run YouWave.  (Read 4712 times)

Fanta

• View Profile
Do i need some form of VirtualBox on my PC to run YouWave.
« on: November 03, 2015, 07:14:45 PM »
Someone told me that i need i need some form of VirtualBox on my PC to run Android apps with YouWave.

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Do i need some form of VirtualBox on my PC to run YouWave.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 08:56:57 PM »
No. YouWave is independent from regular VirtualBox, however, YouWave cannot be installed together with regular VirtualBox.

We are working on removing this restriction.
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

tgm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 12:13:38 AM »
I would think that it would be a relatively easy thing to create an ova image of YouWave that VBox users could simply import into the environment like any other OS. 

Is there any projection regarding when the work mentioned in previous posts in this thread may be complete?

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 11:39:59 PM »
   Nice suggestion.

The current design of YouWave requires a fix setting of VBox. That's why it cannot co-exist with another instance of VBox. Currently, we treat this issue as low priority as it only affects a very small number of users. If you feel that this is more important issue than what we think, please let us know.

tgm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 07:28:59 AM »
The current design of YouWave requires a fix setting of VBox. That's why it cannot co-exist with another instance of VBox. Currently, we treat this issue as low priority as it only affects a very small number of users.

I'm wondering what your small number of users really are...  For every one that reports this issue there are undoubtedly many others that don't bother.  These days there a number of applications that are being deployed with VBox functionality by default in order to segregate environments or to use specific tested OS environments. BOINC processing is a good example.

In my case I'm not going to break down a number of unix and linux based virtual environments in order to install YouWave.  I shouldn't need to. 

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 11:07:10 PM »
Thanks for your reply. We will look into what you have mentioned and will evaluate.

biswajyotipani

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 03:04:32 PM »
Dear Admin,

You got very good reply to bluff the customers. In premium service you shouldn't be talking negligence to single customers. While talking about limited no of user you should feel ashamed that you have taken the amount from that you actually do not deserve.

Thanks....