Author Topic: Uninstalled the virtual box, then installed youwave. But youwave not working  (Read 27503 times)

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi Wendell,

We can offer a discounted upgrade fee (only $10 to cover the price difference between the two) to Premium for existing customers of Home version. Please email info at youwave.com to request.

Can you please do one thing?

Run a Command Prompt as Administrator, run this command to check:
sc query vboxdrv

If it shows as STOPPED, run this:
sc start vboxdrv

We found this issue blocks some instances of running 5.2. A fix will be provided soon.
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
And Wendell,

5.2 is working on many 64 bit machines. This new version is currently lack of robustness of 3.22 in terms of handling some error conditions. We are improving it as we speak.

Please Stay tuned.

YouWave Admin

wendell

• View Profile
I ran both commands and same result :
SC EnumQueryServicesStatus : OpenService 1060
The specfied service does not exist as an installed service.

wendell

• View Profile
Sorry, the status of the command I posted before was incomplete, the one below is complete :

SC EnumQueryServicesStatus : OpenService FAILED 1060
The specfied service does not exist as an installed service.

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
This shows that the installation was in fact not complete.

Any chance you can issue this command under admin:
C:\Program Files (x86)\YouWave Android\vb\SUPInstall.exe

This command shall complete this missed installation.

We will make the next version more robust.

wendell

• View Profile
So I started running this
C:\Program Files (x86)\YouWave Android\vb\SUPInstall.exe and it gave me the error
the file msvcr100.dll is missing from the computer. Googled it and found this
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/36518-63-msvcr100-missing-computer
and I installed the vcredist_x64.exe .
After that, I was able to run the SUPInstall. Youwave still not working but after an uninstall/install it worked.
So the solution is getting the msvcr100.dll file by installing vcredist_x64.exe which will lead to a full instalation.

wendell

• View Profile
Oh God,
maybe I spoke to soon out of excitement. Youwave starting, getting to Android logo and then back screen again :(

wendell

• View Profile
After like 10 restarts it once loaded but after installing the apps, right when the home screen was loading, it said youwave is shutting down or power off or something like that. Could it be one of the preinstalled apps ? Can I delete those somehow ?

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The powering off issue should be caused by running low in system memory. Notice you have some other programs running at the same time. Can you please check Task Manager to see the available memory in your system?

YouWave has provided a version of msvcr file -- msvcr80.dll. Apparently, it now seems having compatibility issue in some systems causing missed installation. We will provide a fix.

Thank you very much for provide the information.

wendell

• View Profile
I have 6 GB of RAM totally and using 3-3.5 with YouWave running so it is not the case. I have a cloud computer with same version of Windows and same issue there. I allocated 8 GB of RAM just to make sure and same problem. I will look more into it but it seems to me there is still some incompatibility between my windows and youwave. I only have 2 licensed copies of windows so unfortunately I can't try more.
Also the power off/shutting down issue appears in the best case scenario when youwave actually passes the Android logo and loads into the homescreen after at least 10 reboots or factory resets.
I am out out of ideas so I will wait for a solution or a hotfix. Please keep this post/topic up to date as I am sure it concerns more users.

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Premium 5.3 is released with quite a few fixes of YouWave starting issues. Welcome you to try it. Thanks.

wendell

• View Profile
For me, it is the same.
Loading up to the Android logo and then stopping. You can see from the performance monitor that it stops any activity.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fnlw9u4v7yp6mm1/Screenshot%202015-11-15%2015.47.02.png?dl=0

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wendell,

What is your PC's CPU type? The symptom that you are seeing is mostly likely caused by a crash.

In 5.3, the first you ran it, it booted into the Android logo, is that correct?

wendell

• View Profile
Hi,
My CPU is AMD Athlon Dual=Core 2.3 Ghz the first laptop and the 2nd is an Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66 Ghz.
Yes, first ran went into Android logo and same since. I rebooted, factory reset, etc. I ran the SUPinstall.exe as well.