Author Topic: New 3.1 questions  (Read 7323 times)

cpugeek97

• View Profile
New 3.1 questions
« on: May 24, 2013, 08:43:35 AM »
Good Afternoon and thank you for your work with this amazing program. I have 2 questions with the new 3.1 youwave version and was wondering if anyone might be able to answer.

There seems to be a few changes other than the customize feature that was launched (stuff on the back end coding of the porgram). I completed a clean install of the program and installed the android market play store from the links provided. however, when accessing the sotre it always crashes by itself when trying to install an application. Is there something I could be doing differently that could cause this to happen every time? Please note, previous versions of youwave did not have this problem for me.

Second question was the method for which the device provides the device ID to an application. It appears even if the device ID is changes the application does not recognize any change and still believes this is the same device. Was there any change to the method of youwave and its device ID in 3.1 release for reporting / changing structure?

thank you in advance for any assistance anyone might be and happy emulating/creating!

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New 3.1 questions
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 10:49:19 AM »
There are multiple changes in this release. We will look into the app installation issue that you mentioned.

For your second issue, how did you change the device ID? You can do it with an Android Factory Reset (File menu).
YouWave is updated to Android Lollipop. See youwave.com/download

cpugeek97

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 12:25:37 PM »
ive tried with factory reset and through the busybox application. bot seem to work on the device when checked but apps dont recognize it. im sure im doing something wrong with it and will figure it out.

thank you for looking into the first question

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 01:24:20 PM »
Which apps do not recognize the change?

cpugeek97

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 01:28:52 PM »
Most recently Marvel War of heroes. However, im not even concerned too much with that as I cant click on anything in the Google Play market without the app crashing so I cant test it out on multiple other apps. Ive created new good accounts and cleared everything off my pc and resintalled everything and the google play store still crashes trying to do anything inside the app.

I downloaded the 2.3.4 version to test it out and the google play store worked fine. Is it needed to use customized settings with the new 3.1 version or should things like the google play store work from the start?

misterdru

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 04:20:45 PM »
maybe but i believe he refers to the terminal use commands as i noticed myself doesnt work now
su
cd sdcard
echo --------- > Id
cd ../../data
echo --------- > youwave_id
exit
exit

jonsnow10

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 05:03:47 PM »
Hi, I just downloaded what I thought was version 3.1, but what I get is still the old version (1.4).

YouWaveAdmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 05:10:05 PM »
We have discovered couple issues in this 3.1 release. It was a code merging mistake. We have just fixed them. Please download version 3.2 which has the major fixes.

(We temporarily disabled version 3.1 download because of the issues. Now you can download version 3.2.)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 05:13:44 PM by YouWaveAdmin »

cpugeek97

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 05:21:50 PM »
everything seems to be fixed in 3.2.

Wonderful job on the upgrades and the QUICK fix!

Ill be purchasing my licence as soon as I get home. Worth every penny for sure! Thank you Admins!